There is a lot of misinformation in the skin care world. Let’s clear up some misconceptions right now. Stop believing these skin care myths!
- Oil-free is the way to be. Oil has gotten a bad reputation. The truth is: many botanical oils are very nourishing and healing!
- Chocolate causes breakouts. There is no correlation between chocolate and acne. In fact, dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and good fats that are excellent for skin! This skin care myth probably arose because of milk chocolate, which is loaded with sugar – a chief cause of inflammation.
- Exfoliate daily for healthy skin. Over-exfoliating can cause irritation and dry out your skin. Twice weekly is plenty!
- You don’t need sun protection on a cloudy day. According to The American Academy of Dermatologists, up to 80 percent of the sun’s UV rays can pass through clouds. Protect your skin!
- You get what you pay for. There’s a grain of truth in this skin care myth. Cheap products are often made with petroleum-based ingredients, which don’t do your skin any favors. There’s no need to spend hundreds of dollars on your skin care, however!
- Shaving makes hair grow in thicker. Hair doesn’t come in any thicker after shaving. It only feels that way because the hair that comes in is blunt.
- You’re too young for anti-aging ingredients. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” That’s the truth! Start caring for your skin early on to prevent aging signs down the road.
- Eye cream is more effective than facial products for preventing wrinkles around the eyes. There is no evidence to suggest that your eyes need a different skin care product. The skin there is thinner, but it’s biochemically the same as the rest of your face!
- Oily skin doesn’t age as quickly. This skin care myth might be comforting to our acne-prone friends. Sadly, we have to debunk it. There is no research that proves this claim!
- You need a skin care “system.” Don’t get us started on this one…
Why all the skin care myths?
If cosmetic companies had their way, you’d be buying an endless number of skin care products:
- daytime moisturizer
- night cream
- eye cream
- blemish cream
- age spot corrector
- facial toner
- exfoliating scrub
…all to fulfill the skin care myths that they perpetuate to sell their products! The truth is, there is no need for a ton of products. All skin is biochemically the same, no matter how old you are or what your “skin type” is.
skin solution™ is formulated to meet your skin’s needs – all of them. Don’t fall for the skin care myths – ONE product really can cleanse, nourish, and protect your skin! Add to your cart and see for yourself!